Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finding rest.


My spirit has been stirred this week. I know a lot is being stirred and fired up in the Spirit anyway right now and that gets me excited. A fire swept across the country north of my town a couple nights ago. It was so windy, the firemen could not get it out until nearly midnight, and even then it smoldered way into the next day. I find this strangely prophetic. Fires are being let loose everywhere in the supernatural right now. A shift has begun, the wind is blowing hard, letting loose a new torrent of fire. But despite all this intensity, I finding a strange sense of rest and peace at the moment. It's like the more intense it gets, the more peaceful I feel. I can see hardly two months ahead of me in the future right now; a lot is up in the air. (as it has always been) But the air around me is changing even. I'm not anxious or worried. I don't even act the same. I am simply full of wonder at what God is doing in my life and the lives of others. That brings me the sweetest assurance. In the midst of the fire, I'm finding a beautiful God...and our love story is beginning to make my head swim.

Everywhere I've turned lately, His love is being poured out to me. First through a book I read a couple weeks ago, through His word, through words of other people...and strangely enough I watched a movie last night that had a line in it that hit me full force in the face. It is from City of Angels: "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One. "

That is why I'm breathing right now...it's incredible, God refuses to spend eternity without His bride. I'm overwhelmed. I just rest...in sleeping, in waking, in doing....I just rest in this powerful love.

No comments:

Post a Comment