Monday, April 6, 2009

Dance.

When I opened my eyes, the gory battlefield was gone. Instead, a huge meadow spread out all around me. I blinked; my heart beginning to pound. Dazzling white surrounded me, a sea of it. A million white daisies. The sweetest of perfumes filled my senses with a heady richness.

I raised my head, fingers rising from the soft grass under my hands. A gentle breeze blew, lifting my hair off my neck and swirling the aromas around me. I reached up smiling towards the clear blue sky, closing my eyes fir just a moment breathe deeply.

Then my eyes snapped back open as other sensations assaulted me. The pain, wounds, sweat and blood has vanished!

I glanced over my skin and gasped as I saw beautiful, glowing skin, every inch of me! I felt of my face, suddenly giggling.

And then I saw the dress. Simple, white but delicately woven with tiny golden strands. It was perfectly fitted, mid-calf and silky. Small corded straps clung tightly to my bare shoulders holding the bodice in place.

I jumped to my feet, bare feet digging into the ground. The field of daises began to throb with emotion. There was only one thing I wanted to do.

Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment