Monday, March 23, 2009

I wiil never leave you

I was running down the ancient road my breath beginning to grow thin. The thick darkness of the night was closing in around me like a suffocating blanket. Silent, towering shadows of an old, deeply rooted forest overshadowed starless sky above and around the narrow road.
Fear was radiating through my body in waves of paralyzing strength. My feet ran like rods of steel, slow and heavily. Surely I had nothing to hope for except the dawn. Thoughts of dawn however were infected with disbelief and a disappointment of illusionment.
A cold wind wrapped it's icy fingers around my thinly clothed body. Both feet were bruised from tripping over rocks, roots and potholes scattered across this forgotten road.
I wanted to stop but the fear of stopping overcame my fear of the forest. Where had the day gone? Why was night so long? What would this road lead to?
I felt forsaken.
Tears began streaming down my face. I was alone and would only be able to make it by whether or not I kept my feet moving. The thought of doing this forever made me want to die.
Then, everything changed. Strong arms picked me up with gentle tenderness. A sweet, beautiful voice spoke in my ear.
" I will never leave you."

No comments:

Post a Comment